- Annual Credit Report.com - Retrieved from Equifax, Experian, TransUnion Website. This is the only source to get free credit reports authorized by federal law. This law requires each of the three largest consumer credit reporting agencies to give you a free copy of your credit report every 12 months.
- "BrokerCheck by FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority") - Search for broker dealers to confirm they are properly registered and check their disciplinary histories.
- "SaveandInvest.org (FINRA Investor Education Foundation") - Unbiased financial tools and information for investors, with special information for military families and help for investors to avoid investment fraud.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission - A site to help investors at all experience levels understand to invest wisely and avoid fraud.
- How to Sport an Investment Scam - Retrieved from YouTube. Investment fraud criminals use a wide array of sophisticated and highly effective tactics to get people to part with their money. Learn how to spot those techniques and help protect not just yourself, but friends, neighbors and family members.
- Office Program of the U.S. Department of the Treasury & the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development - Making Home Affordable Program (MHA)® is a critical part of the Obama Administration’s broad strategy to help homeowners avoid foreclosure, stabilize the country’s housing market, and improve the nation’s economy.
- Finding a housing Counselor - This online tool uses information from the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to find HUD-certified housing counselors near you. HUD counselors can provide advice on buying a home, renting, defaults, foreclosures, and credit issues.
Children and College Students
- Money as You Grow: Help for parents and caregivers - A resource for parents and caregivers that identifies key stages of childhood financial development and provides essential and age-appropriate money lessons that kids need to know.
- High School Financial Planning Program. - Empower Teens to Map their Future.
- Paying for College - Get information about preparing for college, types of federal aid, how to apply for aid using the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA); and your loan repayment options.
- Federal Student Aid - Office of the U.S. Department of Education - Get information about preparing for college, types of federal aid, how to apply for aid using the free application for federal student aid (FAFSA); and your loan repayment options. Also see Financial Aid Toolkit
- Military OneSource - Website from Department of Defense, Military Community and Family Policy, and USA.gov. This site helps military members and their families get their finances in order and plan for a healthy financial future.
Other Miscellaneous Information
- Bank of America - Better Money Habits in partnership with Kahn Academy - Khan Academy videos on a variety of financial education topics, from basic money management to credit and debt management, to long-term savings and more.
- IRS Withholding Calculator from IRS website. Bank of America - Better Money Habits in partnership with Kahn Academy - Are you withholding to much or too little from your paycheck? Did you get married, divorced or have a child? Use this calculator to determine whether or not you need to file a new W-4.
- Money Smart for Older Adults - Retrieved from Federal Deposit Insurance Company. An instructor-led training developed jointly by FDIC and CFPB, this module provides awareness among older adults and their caregivers about how to prevent elder financial exploitation and to encourage advance planning and informed financial decision-making.